Why A Mobile Optimized Presence Is Not An Option
by Alex from London
Does your CMO or CEO still hesitate to make investments in a mobile optimized presence? You’re not the only one, as plenty of brands continue to resist it. To help make this decision easier for you, Google shared the results of 1,088 U.S. adult smartphone users
surveyed in July 2012 by independent market research firms Sterling Research and SmithGeiger. In a nutshell…
The situation today:
When things go wrong:
- Nearly 75% of users prefer a mobile-friendly site, but…
- 96% of consumers encountered sites that were not designed for mobile devices.
When things go well:
- 79% of people who don’t like what they find on one site will search for another site
- 50% of people said that even if they like a business, they will use them less often if the website isn't mobile-friendly
- 48% said that if a site didn’t work well on their smartphones, it made them feel like the company didn’t care about their business
- When they visited a mobile-friendly site, 74% of people say they’re more likely to return to that site in the future
- 67% of mobile users say that when they visit a mobile-friendly site, they’re more likely to buy a site’s product or service
Given these glaring statistics, if your CMO or CEO still doesn't see the value in building a mobile presence, we think it may be time for a job change. Seriously.
Looking for Great Examples?
Last but not least, if you're seeking some great inspiration for inspired mobile campaigns, experiences and websites, check out Mobile Marketer's summary of the Best of Mobile 2012
. There you'll find which advertisers, agencies, apps and website utilized mobile the most effectively (and it's with great joy to see two nominees, Starbucks and Taco Bell, used ScanLife to power their mobile campaigns. For more information on these two campaigns go here
For expert advice on mobile customer engagement, please visit www.scanlife.com
or join the discussions on the “Exchanging Smarter Ideas on Mobile Engagement
” LinkedIn group.