What Do Consumers Love Scanning? It’s All Here in Our Latest Trend Report
by Ben B.
Every quarter, we release Trend Reports
revealing the who, what and why of mobile scanning. The reports offer vital insights into barcode scanning behavior and display the type of value consumers get from it. So without further ado, we’re excited to present the ScanLife Mobile Barcode Trend Report for Q1 2014
. In this edition, we emphasize which kinds of content consumers love scanning.
Key Takeaways Include:
- The most popular type of content accessed in mobile engagement campaigns was product information, video, customer relationship management, app downloads and mCommerce
- 51% of scans came from Android OS devices compared to 46% on Apple iOS devices
- The most “liked” brands by the ScanLife community were Lego, Lucky Lotto, McDonalds, Novartis and Taco Bell
- Cities around the world that scanned the most frequently: Houston, Madrid, Barcelona, Dallas and New York City
Click here to download the report.
- Industries that saw the most scans included food and beverage, consumer electronics, entertainment, media and wireless
And lastly, a huge thanks to all of the consumers who made these numbers possible!